About the Dolan Career Accelerator Program
Research indicates that improved diversity and inclusion in healthcare leadership results in more equitable healthcare outcomes for all communities. In 2021, the Thomas C. Dolan Program expanded to include the Career Accelerator Program. This new component is designed for diverse leaders in manager or director-level positions to support their career advancement. CAP provides education and networking through a virtual environment to help prepare diverse leaders for higher level positions in hospitals, health systems or other healthcare organizations.
For more information, visit: https://www.ache.org/about-ache/the-fund/dolan-diversity-programs/dolan-career-accelerator-program
Innovative Curriculum & Format
The Thomas C. Dolan Career Accelerator Program is offered exclusively in a virtual environment through interactive live webinars, self-study materials and networking sessions with peers. Dolan CAP scholars are empowered through a structured curriculum that:
- Cultivates a strong leadership presence.
- Sharpens expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Assists leaders in determining their career pathways.
- Expands capacity to navigate career opportunities and challenges.
The Thomas C. Dolan Career Accelerator Program is a 6-month virtual program and includes these key features:
- Formal leadership education offering the opportunity to earn over 20 ACHE Face-to-Face Education and continuing medical education credits for physicians, nurses and physician assistants.
- Specialized learning experiences to delve into diversity, equity and inclusion in a healthcare setting.
- Tailored virtual group mentoring sessions.
- Frequent networking with a broad range of healthcare leaders, including former Dolan Scholars.
- Innovative, interactive virtual learning environments.
All Sessions Are Virtual and a Maximum of 1.5 Hours
|Feb. 13–Program Application Opens
|April 10, 11:59 p.m.–Program Application Closes
|May 10–Scholarship Recipients Notified
|June 8–Program Orientation
|June 12–Education Session One
|June 19–Mentoring Circle
|June 29–Networking and Collaboration
|Personal Coaching Sessions
|July 6–Project Overview Discussion
|July 13–Joint Session: Healthcare Ethics
|July 17–Education Session Two
|July 24–Mentoring Circle
|Aug. 3–Networking and Collaboration
|Aug. 8–FACHE Advancement Session (Optional)
|Aug. 14–Education Session Three
|Aug. 21–Mentoring Circle
|Aug. 31–Networking and Collaboration
|Sept. 4–Project Updates Discussion
|Sept. 11–Education Session Four
|Sept. 18–Mentoring Circle
|Sept. 28–Chief Diversity Officer Panel Discussion
|Oct. 5–Networking and Collaboration
|Oct. 9–Education Session Five
|Oct. 16–Mentoring Circle
|Oct. 26–Project Presentations
|Oct. 30–Project Presentations (Cont.)
|Nov. 6–Education Session Six
|Nov. 13–Closing Session